Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can Webdesignz improve?

5 posters

Go down

How can Webdesignz improve? Empty How can Webdesignz improve?

Post by Monster Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:03 am

Hey guys, This topic is an announcement because i really need Ideas on how WebDesignz can improve.. I see we have lots of members on but less posts, I've hosted contests and everything.. But just nothing is getting you guys to post more.. Can you help me out here by posting as much as you can? I'd really, really love it if you guys could post 5 or 6 posts now.. Instead of just 1 - 2 everyday..
But anyway, Any suggestions?

Last edited by Stingray on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Monster
Monster
Founder
Founder

WA Points : 126

https://weadvertise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How can Webdesignz improve? Empty Re: How can Webdesignz improve?

Post by Nick Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:13 am

Since this forum is for web design, i think i coding forum would be necessairy.
Nick
Nick

WA Points : 5

http://www.freshydesigns.xtreemhost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 am

I'd love you to code some things for me.
Monster
Monster
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 am

okay no problem just pm me.
Nick
Nick

WA Points : 5

http://www.freshydesigns.xtreemhost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:48 pm

OK this is very long but please read.

1. Send Emails daily to all members and PM link them to recent topics , remove the chat-box , member rather chat than post Very Happy below i will explain other methods.

Getting more traffic on your forum can be hard. But don't get discouraged yet! Here are some ways that you can increase traffic, or better yet, keep the people who are already going through your forum from closing out their window.

If you have been browsing the Internet for any period of time, you more than likely have visited a forum to ask a question, find information, or talk about a topic that interests you. This means that if you want your forum to be successful, you have to have a general topic area, or niche. Overall "general" forums do not do very well at first due to the fact that they have no guidelines. Human nature makes us feel like we have to follow rules, if none are provided, we are confused and don't know what to do. Setting the theme of your forum to that of your website is a great idea (and normally expected).

As stated earlier, people go to forums to get information. When people do start to ask questions, state problems, and post for advice, you should respond in a precise, short, and informative way. In addition, you should respond as quickly as possible. There is nothing worse than posting on a forum and checking back only to find that two people have read it, and no one cares enough to respond. The quicker you respond, the more likely the user will come back.

Do not have too many "sub" forums within your overall forum. Having fifteen "sub" forums within your forum with only a few posts in each does not make your forum appear active. Consolidate your forum and maybe group different topic areas together. A forum with three categories with many posts appears more impressive than a forum with twenty categories and only a few posts in each.

Offer incentives for posting in your forum; give them a trial product, offer a little free advertising, give them a link on the main page, allow them to post their website in the main forum, etc. It is amazing how the quantity and quality of posts increases after you offer even the slightest free incentive.

And what about for the new forums? Getting members can be a difficult task. In brief, start conversations in your forum with yourself. Create fifteen or twenty accounts (you probably will want the same password for all the accounts) and create threads with plenty of posts. You can let your "starter" accounts die out after you get actual members (you might even want to delete the threads, posts, and members just so no one can prove that your a schizophrenic). Another great way to get more action is to make your big site announcements through your forum. This means that people will have to browse your forum in order to know what's going on.

Where do you get that traffic from:
Launch email list. Trawl the web, build up a massive list of emails of contacts in your niche. Send them a polite email when you are ready to go.
The search engines are important. You need to get all your threads indexed and ranking well for the long tail searches to bring in an ever increasing stream of new visitors (see the strategies here). Constantly working on this to get the rankings will help grow the forum, but also puts you in strong position against any competing forums (where are the new competitors going to get the new members from after the initial influx if you dominate the search engines?). See the SEO posts.
Twitter. Send your forum RSS feed to Twitter. Search Twitter for your niche’s keyword. Tweet people posting about it. Do not annoy them and do not spam them. Think about the sorts of Tweets that you want. Think about how you do not like being spammed.
Set up a Facebook fan page. Poke those in your niche to be a fan or friend. Do not spam. Treat them like you would like to be treated.
Yahoo Answers. Respond to questions at Yahoo Answers to get forum traffic.
Blog Commenting. Comment on relevant blogs with a link back to your forum. Do not spam them with useless content; instead contribute to useful dialogue to add value to the blog. Pretend it was your blog and only post what you would like posted on your blog. 99% of the comments posted here are not approved as they add no value to the topic.
Forum posting. Post in forums with your forum in the signature. Respect the rules of that forum and behave how you would expect others to behave on your forum. Some forums have rules against recruiting for other forums. Do not be a fluff poster and profile spammer (you do not like it when they do it on your forum, so do not do it on others; useful members of a community will get more clicks on their signatures). Do not post to build backlinks, as forum signatures are useless for that.
It’s all part of the plan. Use some of the strategies like getting book authors to judge competition threads (and hopefully they will become very valuable members).
Advertise. Use Google Adwords or even Facebook advertisements. This will obviously depend on your budget. Monetise your forum, so you can consider keeping some background advertising going on a permanent basis.
Forum Directories. Forum directories might get you a small amount of traffic.
YouTube. Set up a YouTube channel in your forum’s name and post some useful videos.
Offline Promotion. Don’t forget this. For example, visit conferences and tradeshows relevant to your niche and network and hand out your card or flyer about your site. If you can’t go, find a member who can and be a champion for your site.
Alpha
Alpha
VIP Member
VIP Member

WA Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:02 am

Thanks Alpha i will start working on some of your points, but im not removing the chatbox Razz
Monster
Monster
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanto Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:09 am

wow, did your write all that yourself?
Zanto
Zanto

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasperx Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:59 am

Great tips Alpha!
http://ezinearticles.com/?Forum-Traffic---How-to-Get-More-Members-on-Your-Forum&id=58885 ?

Anyways as I said in this post https://weadvertise.forumotion.com/notifications-f8/activity-t93.htm ...

Kasperx wrote:On my wii still...
Ok, what you got to do is make some quality content, organize your forum better.
And the key: good content.
You should also consider migrating to paid host with good cms like phpbb or smf. Post as much as you can but not in the spamming section which is useless... Be active on other forums if you have the time and put a link in your sig. Contribute but not by short comments like "Thanks" or "What a great post". Actually add stuff that could be in some post. And always be openly minded and nice. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
Constantly educate yourself think about new things to add. Make contests and tell people "Tweet to enter"...
The rest promotion, SEO, design, whatever... and it will be just a matter of time before you have a good flow on your forum. Also remember just to have fun it is very important so you dont loss interest.
Dont be afraid to try new stuff and you can start with a free cms and work your way up to a paid one like vb.

Hope this ramble helps stingray, cuz my thumb is hurting now xD
Cheers!
Kasperx
Kasperx
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down